Tuesday 22 April 2014

Cat No. 1


I thought I would introduce you to some of the animal family.

Cat No1 is Daisy:



All of our animals seem to come with a story attached - we never seem to acquire our animals the way others do (ie. by deciding they want a cat and then going to visit breeders etc).

My Auntie had a friend who got a cat from a rescue centre only to find out she was allergic to her; we are a bit soft when it comes to sob stories and agreed to rehome her with us. She was about 3yrs old at this point.
We had her for a year when my M-i-L got herself some kittens, she was disabled at the time and could not look after them so we did a swop - she had Daisy and we had the kittens.
In 2005 my M-i-L had a stroke and went in to a home so we had Daisy back!!
So she is about 16yrs old now.

She is a funny old lady - she does not really like women and is very cantankerous - everything is on her terms. The one thing she loves is my husband - she spends hours grooming him!!

She does really well with still getting about - although her days are spent asleep on the bed in winter and in the sunshine in the garden in summer. Her nights are spent in the specially made cat run asleep. She manages to eat her biscuits still and keeps herself out of trouble.

I must post a picture of our cat run - it really is lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment