Tuesday 22 April 2014

What A Boring Day!!

This blogging lark is seriously confusing - I did a post last night and scheduled it to post at 11am but 11am came and went and despite trying to force it to post it wouldn't. Then I realised that the timing of my posts was way out and I realised that blogger is set 7hrs different. I eventually managed to find where I could change to GMT London but it still did not post.
Anyway I am back on here now and it posted at 7pm so I must remember that for when I attempt to be all technologically minded and attempt to schedule a post again.

At least the post has appeared and you know all about Daisy. I will follow in the next few days with my other cats.

So today has been rather boring - normally Tuesday is work but I had booked today off work so I had an extra long weekend. My son had to go to college so he had to catch the bus from the next village and my daughter had a PD day. So knowing that I have so much to do before I go back to work I managed not a lot!!

I have managed to tidy the bedroom - it always gets messy, when visitors come things from the lounge get shoved up there and never come down again and then as the week passes the washing hangs about waiting to be put away and before you know it weeks have passed - the chest of drawers are all empty and the washing sits on the ottoman waiting to be sorted!!

I have also read some blogs - the problem is when I find a new blog I have to start from the start so it takes me a while to get round to the most recent posts. I have so many new blogs to read but I feel I should finish the one I am one before I move on.
I think I need some my holiday so I can sit reading blogs all day.

My daughter and husband have been planting seeds today - we have not done fruit and veg for a good few years now but we were given a greenhouse for free so decided to put it to good use. That kept her busy all morning and then in the afternoon she watched TV and just relaxed - she told me she had no homework as she did it before they broke up and handed it in!!

In the afternoon we took some dirt up to our field to try and fill in the tracks where the truck has been and on the way up there saw the Polish car wash workers who were trying to cut their grass with shears!! We offered to mow it for them in exchange for a car wash - bartering at its best!!

So we did that and then this evening we went and tidied the edges of our meadow - one of the egdes has a hedgerow along a footpath (our gardener trims it once a year)  and the dirt and weeds creep over the footpath so we have edged it all neatly and it looks amazing.

Then this evening my brother popped in - he is having a court battle with his ex for access to his children and we had to file a statement so he came to pick up a couple of copies as they need to be served tomorrow.
Luckily as I deal with courts a lot in my job I knew what we had to do and what they were looking for in terms of layout etc. I bet his ex has not done hers.

So I am off to bed shortly as I will be up nice and early ready to go back to work.

Today we sold:

6 chicken eggs = £1.00

1 comment:

  1. You will get the hang of in time, your doing great.
    I find the best way to read other blogs is read there latest post then pick a couple of older posts if time is on my side, I dont suppose I will ever get through all the posts but I get a lot of them read.
    Nice to see a bit of bartering at work well done.

    ReplyDelete